Teslathon 2 was a big success, with over 300 people attending. Besides many UCLA students, faculty and staff, high school students from Pali, Uni, Fairfax, Samo, Lutheran, Jordan, Trabuco Hills, Hawthorne, Marlborough and homeschooled attended.
|The Laser Symposium slides are posted here. Videos of the presentations will be posted shortly.||Six of the Presidential briefings from our faculty to Barack Obama are now posted. Issues addressed include nuclear power, weapons, plasma technology, fusion energy, manned vs unmanned space exploration, federalization of education, science's role in society, and the role of industrial research labs.||Brandon was the winner of the Science Challenge. This 3-D book was his prize.|
See what participants had to say to our new president (right click here to download the video).
UCLA Physics and Astronomy invites you to the
- Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the invention of laser with talks and demonstrations.
- Fun arcing, sparking, glowing, burning demonstrations after dark. Learn some physics.
- Science Challenge for middle and high school students, or even you. Cool prizes.
- Listen to what scientists would say to Obama if they had 5 minutes to brief him, the Presidential briefings. What about the space program, energy, education? Have your say too. These will be edited into a web video.
- Link to previous Day of the Dead Teslathon.
Schedule of Events
5:30 and repeated PAB 1-425 - Five minute Presidential briefings from our faculty.
5:15 - 7:00 pm Knudsen (Kinsey Pavillion) 1-220 - Life of Tesla video followed by demonstrations.
7:00 - 9:30 pm Knudsen Hall 2-222, outside, in the dark - Shocking display of high voltage electricity, lasers, holograms, flame tornado, gummy bear incineration, microwave plasmas, resonate a wine glass with your amplified voice and much more.